Gloucester Scenic Cycle Tour (35 Kilometre)
Time & Location
About the Event
Gloucester Scenic Cycle Tour.
Join us for a One day, 35-kilometre cycle loop around the beautiful Gloucester area.
Gloucester is a place where you can get totally lost in another world - you’ll likely see more cows than humans, as you cycle through the countryside, which unfolds around almost every corner of our ride.
The rolling hills and the natural geology rock mountains of the Buccan Buccans (the Bucketts Mountains) make the ride a scensory overload, especially after so much time spent in self isolation. Riding in the scenic foothills of Barrington Tops, you’ll see an array of productive farming valleys and high forested mountains, while you enjoy riding across the cool, crisp, fresh mountain streams - you’ll traverse 4 in all during your 35km ride.
Along the ride we will stop for a delicious homemade gourmet lunch, prepared by our staff at Aussie Bike or Hike.
One of the great things about our tours is the feeling of safety that you will have. You’ll be in a group, with your experienced cycling guide, Motorcycle World Endurance Champion, Alex Cudlin, and there will be a back up vehicle on stand by for rests or cycling breakdowns. That’s a great feeling of security that you have on our rides that you just can’t get riding on your own.
So if exercise, fresh air, beautiful scenery, great food and meeting people who enjoy the same cycling experience as you is something that will help to break those isolation blues, book in to our next Gloucester Hills Cycle Bike Tour.
Bacon and vegetable cheese tarts
Chicken and Corn Soup, served with fresh crusty bread rolls and butter.
· Pumpkin Soup , served with fresh crusty bread rolls and butter.
· Ham and Salad rolls
· Chicken and Salad Rolls
· Fresh Fruit
· Orange poppy seed and lemon curd cakes, served with lemon frosting
· Blueberry and white chocolate cakes served with lime cream cheese frosting
Soft drinks, water, tea and coffee (Yes, you will be full at the end of this ride hahahah)
We will also be equipped with hand sanitizer at the lunch spot, and Amy will be wearing gloves while serving food.
We need to keep in mind the social distancing laws and have a 1.5 M between us on the ride at all times. There is a toilet stop at the start of the ride, at the lunch stop and at the end of the ride
Info about the ride
1) This ride is all on tarmac with no dirt roads.
2) A Mountain Bike, Gravel Bike, Road Bicycle will all be suitable for this ride.
3) We will have a backup vehicle to follow us for all the ride in case someone gets tired.
4) The ride will be guided, and the vehicle will have a first aid kit in it.
5) We will provide drinks and lunch for the ride.
6) the ride is 35 kilometres in total and is a loop around Gloucester
7) we recommend having ambulance and travel insurance for this ride
8)The ride crosses 4 fords (creek crossings) the crossings are not remarkably high, but they may wet your feet
HIRE BIKES ARE AVAILABLE BUT MUST BE BOOKED BEFORE THE RIDE.
PLEASE CALL US ON 0408692990 to reserve a bike.
AUSSIE BIKE OR HIKE CANCELLATION POLICY
You must carefully read and agree to the following Terms and Conditions, which form part of the contract you enter into by joining one of our Tours.
1. A duly completed online Booking Form, together with the prerequisite payment, shall be sent to our office via Eventbrite to confirm your place.
2. Should you have to cancel your trip we must receive notice in writing, either by mail or email. If this is received more than 90 days prior to departure, 50% of your payment will be refunded. If received with less than 90 days’ notice, any refund will be forfeited
3. You are responsible for ensuring that you are fit and healthy enough to participate in this trip. We reserve the right to insist on a medical certificate from your doctor stating that you are in a suitable condition. We recommend anyone joining this trip to take regular exercise for a period of time before departure. If you suffer from heart, chest, muscular or respiratory disorders, severe asthma or high blood pressure, we strongly advise against joining this trip.
4. Should the number of participants booked on any trip not meet the minimum requirement for us to operate that trip, we reserve the right to cancel the trip. Your payment will be refunded in full if we are unable to transfer you to another trip to your satisfaction.
5. It may become necessary, due to weather, local conditions, politics, road closures or various other reasons, to make changes to trip itineraries. Such changes will always be eventually at the sole discretion of the Tour Leader and no refund will be considered in the event of such changes.
6. The trip costs published within this itinerary are accurate at the time of delivery and we make all endeavours to maintain these costs. However sometimes this is beyond our control and we reserve the right to amend our prices up to the date of departure in the event of significant exchange rate fluctuation, increased fuel costs, taxes, insurance policies or increases in the costs charged by ground operators.
7. We take no responsibility for any flight delays or schedule changes at any stage throughout the trip. In the event of any such changes no refund will be considered.
8. This Booking Form and Contract is not issued on behalf of any airline or carrier and does not constitute any commitment on their behalf in the course of this trip.
9. The trip cost does not include personal travel or medical insurance. We recommend that you take out a personal travel insurance policy and may request proof. It is your responsibility to ensure suitable insurance cover is taken out prior to commencement of the trip. Aussie Bike or Hike can assist with such cover if requested.
10. The trip pricing does not include any passport or visa charges, any excess baggage charges, or incidental daily expenditure of a personal nature such as laundry, phone calls, etc.
11. Aussie Bike or Hike is a privately owned Australian company registered in New South Wales, Australian Business No. 79217148063
12. The Trade Practices Act 1974 and the Victorian Goods Act imply into contracts for supply of goods and services certain non-excludable conditions and warranties. Except to the extent as provided by these Acts, you waive any and all claims you may have against, now and in the future, and release from all liability and agree not to sue, Aussie Bike or Hike and its officers, employees, guides, agents and representatives (collectively, ‘Staff’) for any personal injury, death, property damage, loss or inconvenience sustained by you as a result of joining this trip, due to any cause whatsoever including but without any limitation, perceived negligence on the part of Aussie Bike or Hike or its Staff.
13. In consideration of your Booking Form and deposit being accepted, you agree to this release of claims, waiver of liability and assumption of risk (collectively, “this Agreement”).
14. You acknowledge that this adventure trip, in addition to the usual dangers and risks inherent in travel, has certain additional dangers and risks introduced by the nature of the trip. You accept all these inherent risks of the trip and the possibility of personal injury, death, property damage or loss resulting from your decision to participate.
15. You agree that should you suffer any serious injury or illness, Aussie Bike or Hike can arrange, at any cost to be borne by you, urgent medical treatment and emergency evacuation procedures as deemed essential to your safety.
16. In entering into this Agreement, you are not relying upon any oral or visual representation or statements by Aussie Bike or Hike or its Staff or any other inducement or coercion to participate in this trip. You go only of your own volition and free will.
17. You confirm that you are over 18 years of age and that you have read, understood and accepted all these Terms and Conditions of contract prior to signing this Agreement and agree that this Agreement shall be binding upon your heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators and successors.
18. You agree that this Agreement shall be governed in all respects in accordance with the Laws of the Australian State of New South Wales.
- Ticket Person$85$850$0