TRAVEL THROUGH THE MAGNIFICENT MID NORTH COAST OF NSW AUSTRALIA
2 Day Adventure Ride- Coffs Harbour to Glenn Innes
BANANA BLITZ - 2 Day Adventure Ride- Coffs Harbour to Glenn Innes
Looking for an exhilarating and thrilling way to spend your weekend? Join us on our 2 Day Banana Blitz Tour starting from Coffs Harbour, a motorcycle-friendly country town, on the morning of May 27, 2023. Our route will take us via dirt roads to Glenn Innes where we will spend the night before returning to Coffs Harbour the following day via a different route.
Experience the breathtaking views of the region's epic dirt roads, including the spectacular Grafton tunnel, and enjoy the thrill of some fantastic riding along the way. Expect dust and dirt (and hopefully not too much mud!), and enjoy the comfort of a backup vehicle for support in case of any issues. We will carry your pub clothes and luggage for you, as well as basic tools to assist with any running repairs.
Enjoy delicious homemade lunches at scenic locations on both days, and stay in comfortable motel-style twin-share accommodation. Single rooms are also available, but book early to secure your preference.
Accommodation costs are covered by us.
Our experienced guides, World Endurance Motorcycle World Champion, Alex Cudlin, and highly skilled motorcycle trainer, Shane Cudlin, will guide you every step of the way. Even if this is your first time on dirt roads, you're in good hands. Our guides have InReach satellite emergency communications and are first aid qualified.
Each day's ride will cover roughly 300km on gazetted dirt roads with a minimum of tar. No single track or "enduro" type riding is involved, so large adventure bikes are suitable. We recommend a minimum 50/50 dirt type tire suitable for dirt road touring, such as the MITAS E07, which we use and recommend as a good all-rounder and perfect choice for this ride. Keep in mind that this is adventure riding, and even dirt roads can be challenging without the right tires.
DAY 1 Distance 290K 70% Dirt - 30 % Tarmac
DAY 2 Distance 270K 45% Dirt - 55% Tarmac
WHAT WE PROVIDE
* Motel accommodation for one night. Glenn Innes.
* Fully guided tour with lead and sweep riders.
* A 4X4 Toyota Land Cruiser support vehicle that will follow the whole way, with custom built trailer that will carry all your luggage, tools, food and provide bike transport in case of breakdowns.
* Home made lunches for Day 1 & 2. Yes they are genuinely home made and are always a hit.
* The security of knowing we have emergency satellite communication, can provide first aid, have tools, spare fuel, and years of experience with training and guiding people on tours.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PROVIDE
* A registered and legal dirt or adventure type motorcycle with at least 200klm range.
* A motorcycle licence for the type of bike you are riding. A learners licence is fine.
* A few bike specific spares such as brake and clutch levers ( even a car park tip over can ruin your ride if you don't have these). Your spare key ( lost key can be game over).
* Have your bike serviced at least a week before the ride and do some k"s on it so that everything is ok after the service.
* Your pub clothes, toiletries, and any specific medications.
* Suitable tyres that lean towards dirt more than tar. Mitas E07 is a good choice.
* A sense of adventure and a love of the outdoors.
* Wet weather gear or waterproof riding apparel.
* Breakfast and evening meals to be at your cost.
* Fuel (We will carry a little extra if needed in an emergency or can carry your fuel container for you if you have a small tank).
* Don't forget your camera or GoPro. We love getting pictures and video from our customers and sharing with each other after the ride.
Fine Line Rider Training is a fully accredited TfNSW motorcycle specific training organization. Aussie Bike or Hike is a renowned touring organization and Eco Pass Authorized by National Parks. We are fully insured and qualified.
Meet at "NORTH COAST V-TWIN at 7:30am for an 8am start. (Side stands up at 8am Sharp)
Any questions? Email:
Aussie Bike or Hike
NOTE - Refunds are only available up to 7 days prior to the event. No refunds, transfers or credits are available within 7 days of the event regardless of the reason.
By continuing with your booking you agree to the refund policy and acknowledge that you have read and understand the details regarding this event.
This is not a course, but a fun ride. Every person who attends this ride acknowledges that motorcycle riding can be inherently dangerous and that they undertake this ride at their own risk.
WHAT AM I IN FOR?
40 % tarmac – 60% dirt
Approximately to 600 ( a little under) kilometres over 2 days.
First 20 riders ONLY
27th / 28th May 2023
250 to 400 Kilometres PER DAY
The tour Aussie Bike OR Hike have designed will be mostly dirt roads. places where traffic is at a minimum and wild life and sights are at a maximum!
Our aim is for the ride not to test you physically but to be enjoyable whilst still covering a decent distance. A lot of thought has gone into the route for our tours to make it as enjoyable as possible.
However if the riding distance is too far. Don't worry. we will have a back up van that can take you to the final destination.