Spend your long weekend riding NSW best adventure roads
3 Day Long Weekend Explorer
Want to spend your 3 day October long weekend doing something exciting, dirty and fun?
Join our 3 Day Long Weekend Explorer, starting at the motorcycle friendly country town of Walcha, on the morning of the 1st of October, and riding via the dirt to Glenn Innes for our first night's stay.
From there we will power along to Coffs Harbour for our second night's stay, exploring some of the region's most epic dirt roads. Ride the spectacular Grafton tunnel, eventually making our way back through beautiful hinterland, to finish at Long Flat for a cleansing ale on the afternoon of the 3rd of October.
There are stunning views along the ride, lots of dust and dirt, (hopefully not too much mud) and some fantastic riding for the whole route.
There's a back up vehicle the whole way, which gives you that comfortable feeling of support in case of any mishaps or breakdowns. We'll carry your pub clothes and luggage for you, and basic tools to assist with running repairs.
Plus there's awesome food along the way, with home made lunches provided on both Days 1 and 2 at scenic locations. Day 3 lunch is at the iconic "Pub With No Beer" at Taylor's Arm (Yes I bet you're singing that song in your mind right now aren't you?).
Accommodation will be motel style twin share with a limited number of single rooms, so don't delay if you have single room preference. Accommodation will be covered by us.
You'll be guided along the way by World Endurance Motorcycle World Champion, Alex Cudlin, and backed up by Shane Cudlin, one of the most highly experienced motorcycle trainers in the industry. So even if this is your first dirt experience, you're in good hands. Our guides have InReach satellite emergency communications and are first aid qualified.
Each day will be roughly 300klm and will all be on gazetted dirt roads with a minimum of tar. No single track or "enduro" type riding, so it is suitable for large adventure bikes. We do, however, recommend a MINIMUM 50/50 ( more dirt than road would be better) dirt type tyre suitable for dirt road touring. Remember, this is adventure riding, and even dirt roads can be a challenge without the right tyres. We use and recommend MITAS E07 as a good all rounder and a perfect choice for this ride.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
* Motel accommodation for two nights. Glenn Innes and Coffs Harbour.
* Fully guided tour with lead and sweep riders.
* A 4X4 support vehicle that will follow the whole way, with custom built trailer that
will carry all your luggage, tools, food and provide bike transport in case of breakdowns.
* Home made lunches for Day 1 & 2. Yes they are genuinely home made and are always a hit.
* The security of knowing we have emergency satellite communication, can provide first aid, have tools, spare fuel, and years of experience with training and guiding people on tours.
WHAT YOU NEED TO PROVIDE
* A registered and legal dirt or adventure type motorcycle with at least 200klm range.
* A motorcycle licence for the type of bike you are riding. A learners licence is fine.
* A few bike specific spares such as brake and clutch levers ( even a car park tip over can ruin your ride if you don't have these). Your spare key ( lost key can be game over).
* Have your bike serviced at least a week before the ride and do some k"s on it so that everything is ok after the service.
* Your pub clothes, toiletries, and any specific medications.
* Suitable tyres that lean towards dirt more than tar. Mitas E07 is a good choice.
* A sense of adventure and a love of the outdoors. Wet weather gear or waterproof riding apparel.
* Breakfast and evening meals to be at your cost as well as lunch on day 3.
* Fuel (We will carry a little extra if needed in an emergency or can carry your fuel container for you if you have a small tank).
* Don't forget your camera or GoPro. We love getting pictures and video from our customers and sharing with each other after the ride.
Fine Line Rider Training is a fully accredited TfNSW motorcycle specific training organization. Aussie Bike or Hike is a renowned touring organization and Eco Pass Authorized by National Parks. We are fully insured and qualified.
Meet at the Walcha Royal Cafe at 7:30am for an 8am start.
Any questions? Email:
Aussie Bike or Hike
NOTE - Refunds are only available up to 7 days prior to the event. No refunds, transfers or credits are available within 7 days of the event regardless of the reason.
By continuing with your booking you agree to the refund policy and acknowledge that you have read and understand the details regarding this event.
This is not a course, but a fun ride. Every person who attends this ride acknowledges that motorcycle riding can be inherently dangerous and that they undertake this ride at their own risk.
DAY 1 Distance 280K
DAY 2 Distance 290K
DAY 2 Distance 290K
WHAT AM I IN FOR?
40 % tarmac – 60% dirt
Approximately to 900 ( a little under) kilometres over 3 days.
LONGEST DAILY DISTANCE
First 20 riders ONLY
Included in price
Guided motorcycle adventure
3 days of premium riding roads
2 night of accommodation
All permits to access region
National Parks & State Forests
Pre ridden & assessed routes
Basic Mechanical support
Back up bike transport if needed
First aid medical support
Safety sweep truck on route
What’s not included:
Fuel for your bike
Food and drinks on tour
30th Sep to 2nd October 2023
250 to 400 Kilometres PER DAY
The tour Aussie Bike OR Hike have designed will be mostly dirt roads. places where traffic is at a minimum and wild life and sights are at a maximum!
Our aim is for the ride not to test you physically but to be enjoyable whilst still covering a decent distance. A lot of thought has gone into the route for our tours to make it as enjoyable as possible.
However if the riding distance is too far. Don't worry. we will have a back up van that can take you to the final destination.